Sunday, March 16, 2008

EXTRA! EXTRA! YET ANOTHER "CURE" IN THE NEWS!

http://www.newkerala.com/one.php?action=fullnews&id=35682

So I read an article that said a vaccine for tuberculosis could be used to cure Type 1 diabetes. A cure could be used on patients within four years. Sometimes, I love hearing about all these ideas for cures but I've been hearing these ideas for such a long time, and seen no changes being made, which leads me to believe that a cure is not going to be found anytime soon. All the news stories about cures for diabetes remind me of a donkey walking with a stick attatched to it, with a carrot hanging out in front, and the donkey just walking, walking, walking, trying to reach the carrot.. but never getting to it; like we are so close yet so far. It would be great if there was a cure, nothing would make me happier, but i'd like to see it instead of hearing all these potential cures that are just talk.

No comments: