Thursday, February 14, 2008

SWEETEST (unsweetened) VALENTINE'S DAY

The most thoughtful gift I had ever recieved on Valentine's Day was given to me two years ago. The guy who asked me to be his valentine wasn't even somebody that I was close with. I wouldn't say we were friends, we almost never hung out.. but for whatever reason, he asked me to be his valentine and I said yes. After I said yes, we began talking more often over the phone and online. I realized he knew way more about me than I did about him. A few weeks passed, and it was Valentine's Day! He came to my house to pick me up, and we went to eat dinner. I wasn't expecting anything else from him because we went to a very nice sushi restaurant. Actually, I wondered why he didnt get me flowers, but I didn't make a big deal, haha. Anyway, we got to my house and he got out of the car to open the door for me. As soon as I got out of his car, he told me that he has one more surprise for me. I followed him, and watched as he opened the door of his trunk. He drove an X5, so he had a cover that he pulled out so I couldn't see what was underneath it. He pulled the cover back and in his trunk was a bouquet of flowers and a HUGE gift basket of sugar-free sweets! All kinds of different sugar-free candies, chocolates, cookies, and cupcakes were in the gift basket. I thought it was the sweetest, unsweetened, gift in the world! I didn't even remember telling him that I was diabetic! Others may not see that as a big deal, but it meant a lot to me. That was my favorite Valentine's Day, so far.

No comments: